Bitcoin Industry Overview
Bitcoin is the dominant digital currency. This overview quickly gets readers up to speed on the types and scope of bitcoin industry companies. This overview breaks the industry into six segments:
- Mining–businesses involved in bringing new bitcoins into circulation (think gold mining).
- Wallets–businesses involved in helping customers store and spend bitcoins (think banks).
- Payment Processors–businesses that facilitate bitcoin payments (think PayPal)
- Exchanges–businesses that let customers trade bitcoin for government-issued currencies. (think stock exchange)
- Financia lServices–this category catches everything else. Companies here are challenging existing companies as well as inventing new financial services and business models.
- Universal–businesses that provide a mix of the other categories.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHERE I'M INVESTING
I don't want my bitcoins sitting idle if they can be earning. To be the first to know what I'm doing click the green button to join my mailing list!