I was honored to participate in the Inaugural Congressional Bitcoin Education Day.
Perianne Boring, Margaux Avedisian, and Congressman Steve Stockman put together a great program. They successfully educated all house members on bitcoin. Brian Santos put the icing on the cake by sponsoring drinks and appetizers after the long day.
We provided educational material to all 435 house members. 32 participants from 12 states traveled in for a day packed with meetings. We met with staff from 70 offices. For the other 365 house members we hand delivered the material.
I met with:
- Nancy Juárez from Steven Horsford’s office (D Nevada)
- Josh Reiner from Gus Bilirakis’s office (R Florida)
- Joanna Brown from representative Tim Walberg’s office (R Michigan)
- Justin Talbot Zorn from John Conyers Jr.’s office (D Michigan)
If you haven’t seen Capitol Hill’s insides, here is a collage of me visiting the offices:
We didn’t just do education. I learned a lot myself on a tour of Capitol Hill Congressman Stockman hooked us up with.
Finally we closed out the day with drinks and snacks provided by Brian Santos, CEO of eSpend.
At the cocktail hour I got to speak with:
- Congressman Steve Stockman (R Texas), who introduced the Virtual Currency Tax Reform Act
- Zachary Leshin, who drafted the Virtual Currency Tax Reform Act.
- Howard Segermark, Senior Policy Counsel for Congressman Stockman
It was a great day!
My only regret was missing my Michigan State Spartans football home opener.